A Natural Remedy for Sciatica
Sciatica is a common type of pain affecting the sciatic nerve, which runs from the lower back down through each leg ending in the feet. This pain is caused by irritation or compression of the nerve.
Sciatica typically affects only one side of the lower body and varies in the levels of pain from person to person.
There are multiple causes of Sciatica. The most common being a prolapsed (slipped) disc. Other common causes include:
- Degenerative disc disease – This is the breakdown of the spinal discs, which act as cushions between each of the vertebrea.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis – This is when the spinal canal in the lower back, known as the Lumbar area, narrows.
- Spondylolisthesis – This is when one verterbrea slips forward over another.
There are also factors that can increase the pain of Sciatica such as being overweight, not exercising regularly, sitting still for too long, sneezing or coughing and sleeping on a mattress that is too soft.
Common symptoms of Sciatica are:
- A burning or tingling feeling down the leg
- Lower back pain
- Calf, foot & toe muscle weakness
- A shooting pain that runs from the hip down through the leg
- Numbness or weakness, making it difficult to move the leg
- Hip Pain
It is rare for Sciatica to cause permanent nerve damage and if caused by inflammation can get better within a few weeks.
Whilst the treatment protocol below is a general overview, we always recommend booking a consultation face to face or if this is not possible then a consultation over the phone is also available.
Diet and nutritional advice;
- Apple cider vinegar is also very effective in treating sciatica. Take 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and honey and mix in a glass of lukewarm water. Take this mixture 1-2 times a day throughout your Mercy Products treatment to give very fast results.
- Green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, whole wheat grains, pulses, salads and cereals.
- Avoid fatty, fried, spicy, oily and junk foods should be completely avoided.
- Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water everyday. This clears the bowel movement and also helps to removes toxic substances accumulated in the body.
- Red meat, in particular mutton is not good for patient suffering from sciatica. The uric acid produced in the body due to mutton worsens the muscular and joint pains. Generally, reduce meat intake to no more than 1/4 pound weekly as the body does not produce enough digestive enzymes to process more than this- resulting in a congested digestive tract.
- Nuts – Individuals suffering from sciatica should especially take walnuts, brazil nuts and cashew. Avoid peanuts.
- A glass of lemon juice 2-3 times a day, also before going to bed.
Simple practices for aching body relief;
- Relaxing in a warm-water tub with rosemary mixed into it is a great idea to relief from inflammation.
- Drink 2-3 tunes raspberry tea in a day. This may be taken with your Mercy Black Seed Oil dosage.
- Breathing exercises and meditation are also helpful in relieving joint or muscular pain.
Rheumatic patient should strive to stay happy all the time, living a stressful life will only cause more stress and increase the suffering caused by the diseases.
According to traditional knowledge for natural remedies we recommend a treatment for the duration of 40 days (6 weeks). Please see the table below as a guide for Sciatica that we have developed from customer feedback over the last 25 years.
- tb/s = Tablespoon is 15ml
- t/s = Teaspoon is 5ml
|Mercy Oil (Black Seed)|
|Neurological Oil (Black Grape)|
|Massage Oil (Black seed, Lavender, Pine)|
6 Week Treatment Package for Sciatica Treatment
- 1 x Mercy Black Seed Oil 500ml
- 2 x Mercy Neurological Oil 100ml
- 3 x Mercy Massage Oil 100ml